Sunday 15 June 2008

Noam Chomsky doesn't help spinsterhood.

Sunday morning. Near hangover but not quite. Made the mistake of pouring boiling water on my hand when getting coffee this morning. Am now back in bed, alone with my laptop and coffee, contemplating my spinsterhood.

I have two options.

1) Embrace spinsterhood. Lie in bed, wallowing for the rest of my life. This is a very tempting offer, but also deeply depressing.

2) Bury my head in the sand. Keep reading 'Twilight' over and over, pretending to be Bella and thinking that one day, a hot vampire will save me (after writing that, a wave of feminism washed over me. Then the impending spinsterhood feeling returned). Try to distract myself.

Chomsky is not a good distraction. The evils of America, propaganda and the ruling elite are all very interesting, but Noam is not enough to save me from a spinster's life. Instead I keep thinking of Edward, and wondering when Diagnosis Murder will be on BBC1.

What is happening to me?? I am still so young...

A list of Majors is sitting beside me. I have 18 options. Help.

No comments: